My passport has expired. How does a temporary passport work?

In the Schengen area, a temporary passport is accepted.

If you are travelling to an EU country, a national ID card is sufficient (you could also use a passport). The national ID card is also valid when travelling to Norway, Switzerland, Iceland and Lichtenstein.

Please note that all national driving licenses are not considered an approved ID for travel and differ from what is called a national ID card.

It is always you as a customer who is responsible for having the correct documentation for travel. We take no responsibility for the consequences of a passenger not having a visa or other necessary travel documents.

For passengers travelling with foreign passports, other rules might apply. It is the responsibility of the traveller to contact the respective country's embassy or consulate in the country for information.

0 out of 0 found this helpful